Monday, March 5, 2012

Shoe make over!

Wanted to share a little project I did over the weekend! I had some plain white converse and decided that I would give them a little makeover!

I adore anything with strawberries on it and after seeing some strawberry sneakers online, I wanted to give it a try!

My inspiration:
These obviously look 100x better than mine, but this is obviously printed on there thus much cleaner. And also $65 dollars...I'm so jelly! There are lots of really cute strawberry themed sneakers online. *o* so cute!

And here's mine: ^_^;;

Plain white...bleh


TADA!

^^^^Please click picture to enlarge^^^^
Sorry for bad cell phone pics. v_v

I decided to go with pink strawberries. I'm not entirely sure why...I still feel tempted to make them red so they are more obvious. IDK. Dx What do you think?

Also kind fun, the shoelaces and the strawberries glow in the dark! ^__^ I cleaned the shoes and then I used acrylic paints and glow in the dark nail polish on the strawberries to make them glow. Then I sprayed the shoes with some water proofing stuff that will repel water off them. It works too! :) I think you can get it at Walmart and hardware type places.

Tell me what you think! :) Have any of you ever painted something like shoes or given something a make over?


*Converse image from google: "strawberry sneakers"